- Dr. Ali Mehdi
1. Sept 1988-Sept 1990 : Rotating House officer, Full time resident in all medical specialities
2. Sept 1990-Oct 1992 : Residency in teaching Hospital & Emergency unit.
3. Oct 1992–Oct 1996 : Post graduate candidate for the
fellowship of Iraqi Commission for
specialisation in plastic surgery
which includes the following:
a. One year as Senior House Officer in General Surgery & Orthopaedics Dept. at Medical City Teaching Hospital, Baghdad.
b. 3 years as a Registrar in Plastic Surgery Dept. at M
edical City Teaching Hospital in Baghdad
4. Oct 1996-March 1998: Senior Specialist of Plastic Surgery in
Medical City & Al Wasti Hospital,
5. March 1998-Jan 2000: Senior Specialist of plastic surgery in Al
Ahli Private Hospital in Sanaa, Yemen.
6. Jan 2000–March 2006: Specialist plastic surgery Khoula Hospital in
Muscat- Sultanate of Oman
7. March 2006–Nov 2011 : Acting Consultant with full privilages - Plastic Surgery, SKMC, Abudhabi,UAE (Cleveland Clinic)
8. Nov. 2011–March 2017 : Consultant Plastic Surgeon in Nadia Medical Center operating in Seha Emirates Hospital – Abu Dhabi
1. Facial Rejuvenation by Botox, Fillers, PRP, Peeling and Threads
2. Facial Cosmetics Procedures - Blepharoplasty, Rhinoplasty, Fat, etc.
3. Breast Cosmetic Surgery - Augmentation (Silicone, Fat); Lifting (Mastopexy) and reduction.
4. Male Breast Surgery to correct asymmetry and hypertrophy (Gynecomastia)
5. Abdominoplasty and Body Contouring after pregnancies
6. Removal of excess skin from abdomen, back, buttocks and extremities after weight loss & Bariatric surgery
7. Liposuction and fat graft.
8. Congenital anomalies: cleft lip, cleft palate, hypospadias & hand anomalies
9. Managing burn cases from its acute stages & treating complications.
10. Eradication of different types of skin malignancies with reconstruction of the defects.
11. Managing hand injuries
COURSES & CONFERENCES ATTENDED:
1.Basic life support course
2. Basic surgical skills course- Royal College of Surgeons-Edinburgh.
3. Multiple international conference of plastic and reconstructive surgery all over the world
4. Six weeks attachment course in Aesthetic Plastic surgery - Caritas-Krankenhaus ,St. Joseph, Regensburg- Germany) 2005
5. Advanced trauma life support courses.
6. International conference of Plastic & reconstructive surgery (IPRAS,ASAPS & ISAPS).
7. Yearly Anti - Ageing Medicine World Conference Paris
1. Burn scar carcinoma. Thesis submitted as a requirement of fellowship degree in plastic surgery and was published in the journal of the faculty of medicine vol.39 no.2 1997 P.160.
2. Congenital hand deformities (Oman 2000)
3. Facial palsy (Oman CME 2001)
4. Face lift surgeries (Oman 2005)
5. Rhinoplasty art & science (UAE 2006).
6. Sentinel lymph nodes biopsy in Melanoma. (UAE 2006)
1.Member of Iraqi,Omani & Emarati medical association.
2.Member of the international association of plastic & reconstructive surgeons (I.P.R.A.S.)(ASAPS)(ISAPS)